If you are confused or stuck, the information covering the basics below should help you make sense of this website.
For more detailed information, you could try looking at our faqs, technical help and useful tips.
Each page on this website is divided into three sections
- Left hand navigation – to find your way around the site
- Central content area – the central information area
- Sub navigation and images – more navigation detailing whats in each area plus images
The website is divided into 10 key sections which are subdivided into different areas. This structure, and all the pages on the site can be seen at a glance on the site map.
Wherever you are on the website you can use a number of different ways to find your way. The navigation on this website is both intuitive and easy to use. The different navigation options include:
- Main navigation panel on left hand side throughout the site with drop down lists to select the area you’re interested in
- Right column sub navigation with information on what areas can be found within each section you’re in
- Links throughout the pages to different sections
Click the following link to switch the dropdown navigation off/on.
The Scottish Arts Council believes that the website should be accessible to all. Our website combines usability with design and is being audited by the RNIB to ensure that it complies with high accessibility standards. More information on accessibility.
The website includes a powerful search with advanced functions to find information across the site. You can search for information by keyword, category or by using the advanced features within the search function.
To search this site, enter keyword(s) into the text box on the top right of the page. Search more specifically using the site's advanced search.
If you can't find the page you are looking for, you could try looking at the site map.