Aimed at current grant holders, this guidance explains how to claim payments.
Please refer to the monitoring section for guidance on providing monitoring information.
How to claim payments
- Check the offer letter sent to you. You will find a payment schedule within the letter, advising you of the dates of the payments and the documentation required to claim these payments.
- The dates are simply an indication of when we think your payment should be due. If these dates are not suitable for you, please let us know immediately.
- As soon as you meet any relevant conditions attached to each payment, we will release the money.
Keep us informed of any delay or difficulties
- If any delays occur either in carrying out your project or in getting your reports to us, you must let us know as soon as possible by letter or email.
- Failure to adhere to grant conditions and payment schedules can result in withdrawal of your grant, and can affect other grants that you have from us, as well any applications you may make in the future.
- It is important that you keep us informed of any delay or difficulties in complying so that we can give advice and assistance as necessary. Please advise us by letter or email.
First or single payment instalments
- These are released on your acceptance of the offer letter and also, if applicable, on our approval of any information required to meet the special condition/s attached to the payment.
- Please remember to sign both copies of the offer letter. One whole copy of the offer letter must be returned to us (not just the signature page), with the other copy retained for your own records.
- Please note that there is a deadline for returning your acceptance of the offer letter. The deadline is given on the first page of the letter. Information relating to grant conditions may be sent separately from your acceptance.
Interim and final payments
- You can claim these payments by completing either the interim project monitoring report pro-forma or end of project monitoring report pro-forma. Hard copies will have been enclosed with your offer letter.
- Read the guidance on monitoring projects information
- Please remember to complete and sign the financial statement table at the back of each pro-forma and include the following:
- Comparison between the projected and actual figures (for both income and expenditure).
- Explanatory notes for any variations of more than 10%, and for any expenditure which did not appear on the original budget and vice versa.
- For final payment claims, please provide all income and expenditure for the entire project.
- Please also remember to check your offer letter for any special condition/s attached to these payments and the documentation required to meet these conditions.
How long will it take?We aim to process all payment claims within 10 working days.
Please remember that when the final amount of your grant is calculated, if the project has achieved a surplus of funds due to reduced costs or increased income from other sources, we will reduce our final payment or ask you to repay any overpaid sums as appropriate.
This information is given in our guidelines and in the standard conditions of the offer letter.