Focus on: Big in Falkirk
Established in 2000, Big in Falkirk is Scotland's National Street Arts Festival. Run in partnership between Falkirk Council, UZ Events and BP Grangemouth.
The festival is held annually and is designed to be a dynamic and accessible, multi-artform outdoor event. It show cases ground breaking new work of both nationally and internationally acclaimed theatre.
Past performances include;
- Joe Bithume - A French Theatre Company
- Teatre Osemgo Dnia - A Polish Theatre Company
- Groupe F - dazzling displays of pyrotechnics
- Improbable Theatre
- World Famous
- boilerhouse - Sister Sister
- Red Earth
- A Sun Parade – featuring Runga Rung by Emergency Exit Art
- Walk the Plank - Tower of light.
- IOU – Tattoo
- Mischief la Bas - Painful Creatures, and
- Dot Comedy.
Staged over the bank holiday weekend in May this year the festival attracted record audiences in excess of 100,000. It has become the single largest cultural event in the region.
Next years festival will be on the 30th April – 1st May 2005. For more information visit UZ events and the Big in Falkirk website. Watch out for announcements on these websites in the future for programme details of Big in Falkirk 2005.